Friday, September 10, 2010

Recent Obsessions


Something that I have found to occupy some of my free time here has been The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. These books have become extremely popular at BYU-I (especially among English majors) and my mom convinced me to read them. Anything she suggests I read because she always steers me in a good direction. Mom sent me with books one and two to read over here. It took me two days to read them both (haha). Needless to say I was hooked after the first few chapters! These books are AMAZING! I love them - the story is so gripping and the main character is so lovable (which I find to be a big contrast with the Twilight series haha).
After I finished the first 2 books, I was DYING to get my hands on the newly released 3rd book! I tried calling every book store in the UB area, then I buckled and ordered the ebook. After complications with payment methods outside of the U.S., help from my aunt, and buying a power cord for LJ's computer I was finally able to get ahold of book 3...Mockingjay!!!
I really want to start a discussion board or something to see what other people thought of the book. I was a little disappointed! Things happened so fast - too fast for me! Characters killed with little explanation or emotion from the main character, love triangles coming to a swift close when one character was about to SLAUGHTER the other - not a lot of explanation or talk of healing there, main characters leaving the picture for good......the book ended exactly how I hoped it would but I didn't get to experience all the happiness and love that I was waiting for over the past two books!! Anyways, I am obsessed right now and dying for someone to discuss it with me! I loved the book but I have to admit it was my least favorite of the 3! I want to hear YOUR thoughts! Please comment :)

1 comments:

Chelsey said...

Oook you dont know me :) But we know LJ... I totally stalk your blog and I had to comment.

I just finished Mockingjay and I felt the same... I LOVE PEETA and I was waiting and waiting and waiting for the happy ending. I felt like everything became a confusing mess in the end and then before you knew it she was like "and they lived happily ever after" without us getting to warm back up to Peeta and Katniss without Gale.

AND Im really sad that Prim died.
AND Im mad that she didnt kill snow along with Coin.. Im still a little confused with the whole coin thing.

I would love to discuss back and forth :) because I, like you, am obsessed right now.

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones